PROTEK BASE COAT
Protek Jointing Compound
PROTEK BASE JOINTING COMPOUND is a tough universal water based filler compound ready to use straight from the pail for both external and internal applications to bridge joints on expanding and retracting substrates. It is a flexible co-polymer acrylic jointing compound.
PROTEK BASE JOINTING COMPOUND will retain its elastomeric ability enabling it to be used in many applications such as:
- Flush out joints in pre cast concrete slabs and pre-stressed flooring systems
- Cement sheet abutments
- Gap filler to off form concrete
- Patch repair with alkali resistant fibreglass mesh to joints.
- Expansion joint filler
- Minimum shrinkage
- Has excellent keying ability
- Is compatible to all Protek construction products and virtually all substrate building materials.
- Extremely resistant to all forms of fungicides or bacteria
- Environment and applicator friendly.
1st Step: Apply PROTEK BASE to substrate.
2nd Step: Place alkali resistant mesh into Joint where required.
3rd Step:Re-Apply one coat of PROTEK BASE and flush outer joints to a feather edge.
4th Step: After 4 hrs drying time Joint will be ready for chosen Finishing product.
Wash up in water before full cure. Dispose in accordance with all state and local government requirements.